A Letter to Daddy and Mummy

Dear my lovely daddy and mummy,

Since my early childhood, both of you pampered and showered me with all your love. I remembered people always said that the middle daughter in a family usually will not receive full attention from the parents. As your second daughter, I did not feel that I was being ignored at all. Instead, I am feeling so blessed and loved because God provided me such a great opportunity for me to be your daughter.
            
Mummy and daddy, although you laid high expectations on my academic performance since I was in primary school, I did not think that you had forced me to study. You sent me to tuition classes almost every day in a week but I never blamed you that I had no chance to play or shout or chase happily like other neighbors did. You raised me in a strict way that I must finish all my homework right after school and do revisions whenever there was free time.
            
After I entered secondary school, I was sensible enough to start doing my homework and revision on my own. There were times when I burnt the midnight oil to do extra studies and you started to worry about my health. I remembered mummy had made some hot beverages or chicken essence for me. It was warm that there is someone who care and always be there for me whereas daddy woke up in the midnight and asked me to go to bed and do not push myself too hard. The day before I got my SPM results, I asked mummy what if I failed to get an excellent result. And you said, “No, I believe in you. You will get at least 8As.” I was glad that I did not disappoint you. I achieved what I had always targeted. I got 11As in my SPM. Feeling so touch, I hugged you tightly. Daddy even shed his tears seeing my results.
           
I thought naively that I would be able to grab a scholarship, at least local scholarship or enter a teacher training institute with my results. But unfortunately I did not get anything. I had no choice and I headed to Form 6. I was so frustrated seeing my Malay classmate enter UNIMAS with her 5As results. What an unfair world I thought. I cried and daddy was so worried. I cried even harder when daddy told me not to give up so easily and try to apply for the second time. I was in Upper Six when I finally got the offer from teacher training institute. Daddy immediately bought me the air ticket because you knew very well that it is my ambition to be a teacher.
            
Now I am in the third semester of my foundation year. I still miss home and I am looking forward to seeing both of you in the coming holiday. You have raised me so well that I treasure and appreciate our family bond. It is infinity love that held us close together. I love you, daddy and mummy!

Love,

Poh Ping

No comments:

Post a Comment