A Letter to Mum and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad,

I would like to tell you how much you mean to me as you have guided and loved me throughout my life. Now I am 19-year-old and life has taught me how exceptionally lucky I have been to have grown up in such a loving environment. Both of you are always my role models who love one another and portray good values. When I was young, you taught me the importance of family and love. You also taught me not to give up on anything that I have decided.

I am the youngest among the three siblings and all of us have slightly different memories of our upbringing, and the usual sibling rivalries existed. My brother and sister always tell me that how lucky I am for being the youngest in the family.

From what I understand, most parents give a lot of stress to their kids. However, you never demand perfect grades from me. When I got a B in the test, you would just ask me to work harder as you believed that I could do even better. I want to thank you for trusting me and telling me that you are proud of me whenever I perform well in tests.

Actually, I dislike you, mum, for once. When I got the offer letter to study as a teacher trainee, you refused to let me go. You insisted just because my sister regretted studying as a teacher trainee. Hence, you thought that one day I would regret too, but the reality is, my sister and I are two different people. We may have different personalities, different hobbies and different ambitions. Moreover, I knew that the other reason for you to refuse the offer letter is because of you thought that Sabah is a very far place from our hometown. After I insisted and rebelled, you finally agreed. I would like to thank you, mum, for listening to my voice and allowing me to follow one of my dreams and also a great, big thank to my dad who always supports the decision I have made.

Dear Mom and Dad, thank you for all the support and love you have given to me and I thank God for the amazing parents he gave me. I honestly could not have gotten this far without you. You are the best parents in the world. Thank you for everything. I love you both so much.

Love,
Siok Yong.

No comments:

Post a Comment