Snatch Thief

                                                                        Source
Last two weeks, after arrived at Sibu airport, my sister and I went to the shopping mall. We went to Star Megamall which is near to the airport. It was the day before Chinese New Year. So the complex was really packed and crowed. Many girls and ladies were walking in and out of the shops, swinging their handbags. The handbags were hanging loosely from their shoulders.
That was what I was doing too. I was so engrossed in looking at some clothes and shoes with my sister because my sister asked me to pick for her that I forgot my loosely hung handbag was enticing a snatch thief. So I did not realize a snatch thief creeping quietly behind me and pulling my handbag.
When I felt something tugging away, I knew what was happening. The thief was holding my handbag. I screamed at the top of my voice, “Help! Stop the thief!” my right arm was bleeding profusely at the same time.
A boy heard my cry for help and looked at the man running away. The thief was running down the escalator holding my handbag tightly. By then, a crowd gathered near me. My sister was attending to my arm which hurt a lot. The boy chased after the thief. A security guard on duty on the ground floor also saw the thief running down the escalator. He immediately chased after the thief.
Finally, at the foot of the escalator, he pinned down the thief and quickly snatched the handbag away from the thief. The other shoppers ran to take a look at the thief. My sister helped me to go down the escalator to take back my handbag. I could see the thief clearly now. The thief was tall and thin.

After that, two policemen arrive and they handcuffed the thief. I felt very thankful to the security guard and kept on thanking him. My sister and I realized that we needed to be more careful with our handbags especially when shopping. Oh yes, we learnt a good lesson from this incident.   





No comments:

Post a Comment